Forging Excalibur – December 2019 on 94.1FM 3WBC
A range of Australian research identified that over half of all male suicides are not predominantly associated with a mental health diagnosis. Based on coronial reports, male suicides in Australia are:
• twice as likely to be linked to bereavement
• 3.5 times more likely to be linked to relationship issues
• 4 times more likely to be linked to child custody issues • 5 times more likely to be linked to pending or recent unemployment
• nearly 9 times more likely to be linked to legal issues
• 12 times more likely to be linked to money issues.
Relationship coach and men’s mentor, Michael Lauria , experienced most of these risk factors, all at once, when, back in 2009, his family unit dismantled. Turning his pain and grief into a journey of self-actualisation and ownership, he set a lifesaving purpose for himself and many other men, penning the Amazon #1 best seller Forging Excalibur – Rediscover your Masculinity. He joined me back on Sunday 7 December, at 94.1FM 3WBC to talk about what it feels like being Michael Lauria and more about his trademark “7 Standards of Men”.
Rae Bonelly with Michael Lauria on Male suicides and preventation.
Remember, it really is OK to not be OK!!